Monday, May 26, 2003

Another Day Older, But Let's Call it A Year

Another birthday has come and gone, and once again it was a humbling learning experience. It's kind of weird being 26: my mother told me yesterday that this year will be the only year where I am exactly half her age.

Thanks to Stacey and Mr. Mike Blue Jeans, who were my birthday party this year. They were wonderful and did everything they could to make sure I was having a good time, despite a crushing loss to finish up the Sens season. You guys rock.

And another thanks to my wonderful girlfriend Stacey, who spent the rest of the weekend making sure I was having fun, inlcuding a 26-present/surprise extravaganza that went on for most of Saturday, and breakfast in bed on Sunday. Love you, honey.

And thanks to my mom and sister. Mom made me a delicious cheese cake from scratch and they both made dinner yesterday. Nothing beats a home-cooked meal. Love you both.

And thanks to Colin Lalonde, who called all the way from BC. I have no idea if he reads this, but thanks, it was great to get a happy birthday call from someone outside of the family, even though we didn't get a chance to talk. I'll call you back real soon.

And now, onwards and upwards. Stacey's family is throwing me a bash tonight, so I'll have birthday for another night at least. And left-over cheesecake. Tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home