Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Dark Side of the Hill



Short reviews of the Exclaim! 13th Anniversary Cross-Canada Concert Series' Ottawa stop:

Montag: Imagine one guy, two keyboards, a violin, some windchimes, and a couple of guest vocalists. Montreal's answer to The Russian Futurists? His fast stuff was much better than his slow.

Wooden Stars: Sorry guys, I know you've been on the Ottawa scene for quite some time now. But I thought you were almost instantly forgettable.

The Organ: What an amazingly tight set. Almost CD-perfect. Too bad you all had death-scowls through most of the show, it just didn't do it for me. I guess it's the indie-rock thing to do. But I like my live acts personable-like.

Stars: Always amazing, always entertaining. They have a way of playing a show like they're playing it just for you in your living room and they're your best friends. Mix that with some incredible songs, a little bit of comedy, and voila! Perfect show every time.

6 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Oh the organ, they remind me of a band that christy would conceive of. Except christy would have more fun with it.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I agree 100%. Seriously, they looked like the stage was the last place in the world they wanted to be that evening, like stiff, surly, indie-rock robots.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have taken two steps to the left. Then that light post wouldn't have been in your frame, and the picture would have had a different mood.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I like the lightpost! That's why I took the shot!

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the post as well.But without it, it could have looked like a European Castle. You know something "gothic". The light post is a dead giveaway that it is modern.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I see what you mean. Hey hey! There's always photoshop and the ever-useful cropping tool....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home