Thursday, May 26, 2005

All Thai-ed Up



Hey everyone, I'm back from Thailand! Short story: it was amazing. And it's likely to be life-changing, too: I've caught the travelling bug, just like everyone said I would. And the long story: it's on the way! I've had a bit of a photography-disaster, it appears that some of my film was damaged by the heat or the x-ray machines. I'm looking to see what I can salvage from my negatives. So stay tuned...I'll post a detailed account of my trip as soon I find a free moment.

5 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your film! Hopefully, you'll be able to salvage most of it!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Me too! Entire rolls were over-exposed, washing out certain colours and making others brighter. It's very strange. Next time: going all digital.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Hey man, welcome home! (And happy belated birthday, btw).

That sucks about your film. What was it about disappearing pictures this trip? (see, even digital is not safe).

After waking at 5 am, this morning I went and got my pictures developed first thing and they mostly turned out. I got them all on photo CD so I'll send a copy

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

X-rays effect film of ISO 800 or higher. If the photos look wash out or to bright you may have to ask the lab to colour adjust. Unfortunately if the film is already developed it will be harder. If you had known that it had been over exposed you could have asked them to develope it as a slower ISO to make sure that the colours came out correct.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Thank-you all. I'm still in the process of fixing up my photos, I'm going to do it myself with photoshop in whatever free time I have to spare. Work's been BONKERS...thank goodness I had a chance to have a breather for a few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home