Wednesday, April 02, 2003

For Fans of The Sopranos and Ugly Men

I just found out that Steve Buscemi will be joining the permanent cast of The Sopranos for at least the next season, and possibly longer, should the show be extended for sixth season. Which is fantastic, because Steve Buscemi is one of my favourite actors (although I couldn't even begin to tell you why) and the show really needed some new blood after (spoilers for people who haven't seen the Fourth Season) Joe Pantoliano's character, Ralphy, got whacked. He was really the quintessential character who everyone loved to hate. (end spoiler)

It's hard to say at this point what kind of character Steve is going to play, but I'd be really surprised if he's part of the mob. I mean, I can see James Gandofini and Tony Sirico as violent gangster types, but not Buscemi. He's more of the creepy loner type who patiently bides his time until he can exact his revenge. So maybe he'll be the quintessential character that everyone loves to be creeped out by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home