Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Things to be Thankful For (to Help Me Forget that I'm Stressed Out)

It's March, and winter will be over soon. I don't think I need to reiterate the fact that this winter has hit me harder than any other winter that I can remember. And considering that it's been so bone-chillingly cold, I'm thankful for....

My health. I've gone most of the winter without a cold, which is unheard-of for me. I suspect that it's partially because....

I quit smoking. Still going strong, I've been a non-smoker since October 1st, 2002. It's now been over 5 months, but I couldn't have done it alone. I quit at the same time as....

My lovely girlfriend, Stacey. Who just turned 26 on Sunday! Happy Birthday, honey! We had a good (but busy) weekend clebrating with family and friends, including....

My buddy, Mike Paquet. Mike was recently returned to us from Scotland, and we missed him terribly. It still seems odd that we can call him up go out for a beer whenever we want, now. Still, it's a shame that we had to trade for....

My buddy Matt. Unfortunately, he's in Scotland now. I sure hope he's doing okay. It's funny, but Scotland seems to be a black hole lately, luring all of my friends in with promises of good beer, sea serpents and....

Red-haired lasses, like my friend Kendra. I haven't seen her since graduation from University, but I heard she's finally back in Canada now from the wonderful land of Oz. I miss her terribly....if anyone knows how to get in touch with her, let me know. Hey Kendra, we could go out for....

Chinese food. Last night, I had chinese food at one of my favourite restaurants in Ottawa, the Mekong. Freakin' great food. Check out the Szechuan Crispy Beef and the Lemongrass Chicken. Excellent, just like my....

New laptop. Ask and ye shall receive. It looks like I'm getting a brand new top-of-the-line laptop sometime real soon, which I'm really looking forward to. It's a Dell, but if I hear anyone else say "Dude! You're getting a Dell!" I'm probably going to have to go a bit medieval.

But I have to say one thing that I'm NOT thankful for:

If this SNOW doesn't end, I'm probably going to completely lose it. Right now, we have 9-ft. snowbanks on either side of our driveway. It's like some horrible, frozen, low-budget WWI trench-warfare movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home