Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fix You


In a reboot, rebuild, refine kinda place. Here are some things that are smoothing out the waves right now:
  • New Franz Ferdinand, new Broken Social Scene, new Metric, Bedouin Soundclash, Ivy, Feist....when do I find the time to listen to all this stuff? Workin' on it.
  • A close friend seems to be doing much better after a bad brush-in with depression. I still don't know the whole story, but it seems things are getting more solid for him.
  • Autumn weather. Kick ass. Bye-bye air conditioner, hello jacket and jeans.
  • Finally saw Ted Leo and the Pharmacists in concert. But also found out I don't have nearly as much of their music as I thought I did...
  • I went back to Kingston for Homecoming. All in all, I had a really good time (mostly thanks to GW's Kingston chapter, Sci 00 and Zoe's awesome friends) and caught Billy Talent in all their shrieky....well, shriekiness. There was a certain matter of a hailstorm of beer bottles, an overturned car and riot police that kinda put a damper on things on the Saturday night, however. I should have blogged about it, but what else can I say that hasn't been said (nationally)? I'll give a crib notes opinion, though: I think both sides were wrong, as much as I like a good street party. But that's kinda the point - it *wasn't* good. The students were boneheads for trashing their home turf and opening up their homes to booze-powered-anarchy, and the police didn't make matters any better with their militaristic posturing. I see it as a one fuels the other back and forth kinda thing. Here's to hoping next year's party won't be dampened *ahem* by police with water cannons. Play nice, students!
  • I finished two games recently. Time to give the xbox a rest.
  • Survivor, Amazing Race, and the Apprentice are back. I also found out that the families in Amazing Race left the US after all, despite appearances that they'd spend the whole show driving through the bible belt.
  • I've made a personal commitment to spend more time doing things I want to do for myself. I guess blogging and photography have slid off the radar recently (along with everything else, short of keepin' on keepin' on), but I want to change that when my energy levels come back up again. Maybe I'll even paint?
  • I'm gonna join a gym. A guym? Ohhhhhhh....a GUYM! Now all I need is someone with a gun against my head to make sure I actually do it.
  • Road trip to Montreal comin' up soon.
  • Fingers crossed on getting tix for Broken Social Scene at Capital tomorrow (decided to go too late). It's not looking good right now, though. Only unconventional avenues remain.

8 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Welcome back to blogging :)

Missed ya.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! i have something to read at work again.
I also have a gun but it's at my parents place and i've lost the trigger, and i have no bullets but i could use the butt of the gun to force you to get to the GUYM.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Deal! I'll take what I can get.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Yeah seriously, I've taken to reading strangers blogs at work.

Time for you to get off your ass and do a little writey-writey.

I wish I still lived in O-Town Drew, we could go to the guym together.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Hmmmm....maybe I should get some gun-holding motivation for writing, too. Hey, I can always write about work - who wants to hear some riveting tales of software development and process analysis? Huh, huh?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Bah! No tix for BSS. Foiled again.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BATSSSS!!

We NEED BATSSSS!!!!

I guess you ran into Hertel. I will see if I can send an invitation for sometime in early Nov.

You really should have said it was you... :)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

hahaha, coulda been anyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home