Friday, September 27, 2002

Stuff...

I have a pile of topics I want to touch on in this post, so bear with me.

First off, Mike beat me to the punch on my Survivor commentary I was planning for today, which is cool. Check out his comments. I agree with what he says, it is getting heart-breaking to see the good-hearted, productive Chuay Ghan tribe get mashed under the steel-toothed tractor wheel that is the Sook Jai tribe....and we've only seen two episodes. I can only hope that their streak ends soon.

One of the things we were talking about last night though was the ass-backwards Survivor strategy that I'm-a-pretty-boy-dentist-so-you'd-better-worship-me Jed and I'm-a-firefighter-so-I-need-to-be-tough-to-the-point-of-idiocy Stephanie are using. It's rare in this show that survivors will willfully and with full knowledge alienate themselves from the tribe, especially this early in the game. I think the two of them are convinced that the brute strength they can bring to the challenges will save them from the chopping block. I don't think the others will look at it that way, but only time will tell if a) they have a strategy, and if b) it's going to work in their tribe. Frustration's one thing, but if you can't get along, you're headed down wash-out lane as fast as the rest of the tribe can get you there. Oh, and Jan's friggin' useless.

Next, I'm moving on Tuesday and I'm off work for the first three days of next week so we can have a stress-free move. So, I'm going to do my best to hop online and blog over that time period, but there probably won't be much in the way of updates from me until next Thursday.

Next, Stacey and I went to pick up the keys to the new place last night, and we're more certain than ever before that it's going to be a HUGE improvement over what we have now. Sometimes, you can't really tell until their stuff has been hauled out of there and you have a blank canvas to work with. Now we can see our furniture slotting into place and where we're going to hang the art and photographs. It's going to be even nicer when the owner goes in to do the painting.

Next, I'm in the same place Ian is today. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I didn't sleep a wink last night. Maybe it's subconscious stress about the move or maybe subconscious stress over the fistfuls of chinese food I gorged myself with earlier in the evening. Either way, something was preventing me. So today I have my eyelids propped up with toothpicks. They're pointy, but man, do they work. Every once in a while, a nice young man in a lab coat comes to put drops in my eyes. His name is Steve.

Finally, I have to stop blogging about TV shows. But I have to be honest with myself here, with the move and all, my whole non-working life in the last two weeks has been the odd TV show and stuffing junk into cardboard boxes. So I can't feel too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home