Thursday, October 31, 2002

Hallowe'en

A few months ago, I got an email from a co-worker that I dismissed as spam. I couldn't get this to work, but maybe you can.

Anyway, it goes like this. The story is that there's this family somewhere in the US that think they have a haunted house on their hands. They've seen stuff floating that shouldn't be floating, they've heard voices complaining about the volume of their TV and phantom belching, etc., the whole nine yards. They did some research and found out that a lady used to live in their house in the early 1800's and her husband was a merchant sailer who did a lot of international trade runs. Apperently she was so wretched every time that he left that she sat at the window, day and night, until he came home, safe and sound. On one trip, he was lost at sea and never came home. I guess the romantic idea is that her spirit is still sitting there, centuries later. It's a nice notion, but I think that may be a load of bull.

The family claims that they snapped a picture of her once, but it's really hard to make out. You're supposed to look really closely at the area all around the table for something not quite right. They even pumped in some very, very faint ghostly sound effects on the site to give it some atmosphere. I looked for a few minutes, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe you'll have more luck than I did.

Check out the picture here. Happy ghost-hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home