Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Mission Moving Downtown: Total Success

As I write this, I'm sitting in my new living room, which has a very red wall. Don't ask why, but that makes me very happy.

I have now freed myself from the shackles of the cookie-cutter, bland Kanata lifestyle. I have dived headfirst into the freaky, slightly funky-smelling pool of delights that is downtown living. And I'm loving it. Just walking around puts a smile on my face these days. It's so nice to be living life on my own terms and making the most of what it has to offer. And my absolute best season of the year is coming up, the ever-lovely fall. Everything's coming up Milhouse, baby.

So, to commemorate the occasion, I'm gonna finally update my oft-neglected LIST OF 101 THINGS TO DO IN 1001 DAYS. Because, lo and behold, #78 is to move closer to downtown. And I don't think I could move any closer than I am right now without living under my desk at my office.

I also, just tonight, tried oysters for the fist time (#92). And I don't know why I waited this long. They're very tasty, especially when mixed with one of the fine sauces offered by Big Daddy's Crab Shack. We felt obliged to chase it with a pound of fresh crab, eaten straight out of the roasting pan they serve it in. Tasty, and mildly vulgar, just like me.

Now if only I could find the cable to download the pictures from my camera, I could share some brand new pics with you. But somehow it seems to have been misplaced in the move. Hopefully it'll turn up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home