Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Ottawa is a Sad, Sad Place Right Now

Our beloved Ottawa Senators have been defeated. Not by lack of effort, not by lack of skill, but by a crusty old goalie named Eddie the Eagle and a broken-down shell of a goalie who ESPN has dubbed "La-Lame." La-Lame completely fell apart when we needed him the most. Better luck next year, boys. If there is a season next year...

I'm not gonna go into it, lots of other people have already. Let's just say that there are a lot of loooong faces in the office this morning and many people seem a little more on edge than normal. We love our team, and it's hard to see them go down the way they did.

Enough of that! I'm happy to report that I've made it back from Washington D.C. safely, accomplishing item #24 on THE LIST! It was a fantastic trip, details to follow in the next post. And hey, as an added bonus, I also accomplished item #86: try a new ethinic food! I had some El Salvadorean chicken at a place called Crisp and Juicy on the Virginia side. When Tara told me the name, it sounded so sketchy that I couldn't resist. And I assure you, the chicken was both Crispy and Juicy (TM), as promised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home