Thursday, May 13, 2004

Fortschritt

Gah! Blogger done gone and moved everything on me. Just when I was starting to get used to the OLD interface...

Three more items to scratch off THE LIST.

1) Went and spent a nice evening chatting with my friend Mike Chaiton at a martini bar (#94). We tried a place called Helsinki in the Byward Market (where the Black Tomato used to be, NOT Finland, surprisingly). The atmosphere was swanky, the tunes were chill, and we thoroughly enjoyed the candy-like martinis (I tried a white-chocolatey one called a Polar ice and an apple-y one called an Apple Jacks) before feeling a little fruity and deciding to switch over to beer.

Our time spent at Helsinki wasn't nearly as noteworthy as where we went after. What started out as a run-of-the-mill trip to Zaphod's became a surreal experience, featuring a long conversation with random Peruvians who were complaining about how Ottawa wasn't a fun place to party and an even more random photo taken of Mike on the dance floor. The photo was taken with a girl who ran up to him, got her friend to take their picture, and then ran away again, without an explanation. We both decided that it would be better to think of this as a random event rather than think that Mike was targeted in some way.

2) Finished up a contract and got more than a handshake for it (#64). I went out for beer and some Trivial Pursuit after work on a lazy Friday with the client team and had a blast. It wasn't really a party for me exactly but I was invited along, and really, they didn't have to do that. Including me in their social event was thanks enough for me. It made me feel like I belonged there, even if it was going to be short-lived. I'd be very, very happy to go back and work for them again.

3) I settled things up with a friend that I had a falling-out with almost a year ago (#81). I had been hoping that he would call me, but eventually I gave in and called him instead. I guess, in the end, I realized that it just isn't worth holding a grudge against anyone for too long. Life's too short to waste it spoiling relationships with the people you care about. Better to just let things go and move on.

Anyway, expect nostalgia sometime real soon. I'm turning 27 at the end of the month and I'm not sure what I think about that just yet. Better not to think about that for at least another week. Ah! There go the endorphins. Sweet, sweet endorphins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home