Tuesday, June 01, 2004

My Mind is Completely Blown

Okay, everyone has Windows Media Player on their computer, right? Sure, we need it to play stuff off web sites and the like. I've never really played around with it, but I've had various neglected versions of this program over the years.

Anyway, today I discovered the "Media Guide" tab, and it has totally blown my mind.

See, I never really knew there was a searchable world of free music, videos, and other media online and connected to this sucker, but my eyes are open now. Just type out what you want, hit search, and revel in the joy that is a) videos that you will practically never see on Much Music, and b) music, music, oh yeah, and more music. Sure, there's always Kazaa; but unlike Kazaa, all kinds of things are out of the picture, like queues, slow connection speeds, and unavailable users.

Already today, I've found stuff from Broken Social Scene, Metric, Faith No More, St. Etienne, Rocket From the Crypt, Beastie Boys, the Superfriendz, Stars, Athlete, The Thermals, and The Vines, just to name a few in no particular order. Ever seen the video for "El Scorcho" by Weezer? How about "Supernova" by Liz Phair? "Stockholm Syndrome" by Muse? Me neither, until today!

Ah, the joys of of the digital age. I'm such a neophyte sometimes...I bet this one of those "wow, you didn't know that? Where the hell have you been?" kinda things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home