Thursday, October 07, 2004

We'll Float On, Good News is on the Way

I had a good day today on the warpath. It had lots of potential, anyway. For now, I'll stay mysterious about it, at least until I know something official. I'll sum things up in the words of a decidedly promising fortune cookie I opened mere minutes ago. According to the cookie, I

"have an interest in the public service."

I'll say no more.

I also wanted to catch up a bit on my list of 101: Over the last two weeks, I replaced my work laptop with a brand spankin' new HP Pavilion a620n (#88 on the List). The choice was kind of made for me, seeing as how I wouldn't be able to write a CV, email stuff, accomplish any of my graphic design projects, or keep this blog running without it. It's amazing how dependent we are on technology. Or lazy. I mean, I suppose I could have saved the money and done all of that stuff at the library or something. But that sounds like unreasonable effort, if you ask me.

I chased that with one of the easiest items on the list that for some reason took this long to get to: I visited the Canada and the World Pavillion (#20). Ho-hum, it was very anti-climactic. I suppose it was interesting in a way, but it seemed unnaturally tiny for an exhibit hall that was built to highlight the international and domestic accomplishments of canada's finest. Modesty's a good thing, but even so, I thought it'd be bigger than a lousy three rooms. Somehow, I can't see the US limiting themselves like that, given the opportunity.

Also, another item was decided without my input. Sadly, #53, starting physiotherapy on my knee, will no longer possible. I had an MRI in August and it confirmed that I need surgery. So I guess #54, the continuation of the physio, would also be a little behind the times now.

I'm saving #69. But if all goes according to plan, this one may be scratched off real soon. More updates as they happen!

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Sounds very promising!

I'm in Ottawa now, but I have no contact information for you. I may have to call your sister to get your number.
Or you could call me if you get this ;)

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, me too! Except for the whole being in Ottawa thing. Or knowing your sister's number, for that matter... I can't even remember her name, although I do clearly remember you having a sister.

Anyways, was just wondering what you are up to - we haven't spoken it years.

Drop me a line sometime: miss(dot)hell(at)gmail.com

-Michelle D

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any luck yet? How's the job search going?

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for asking! I wish I had some great news to report, but things seem to be proceeding slowly. I'll be sure to make an announcement as soon as I know something more concrete. Stay tuned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home