Monday, October 02, 2006

Angry Read of the Day

As some of you know, once upon a time, I was part of a small collective of writers who spent small amounts of time writing angry, scathing, yet funny reviews of movie trailers. It was a great idea: the trailers were available for download online, for free, and the bland, derivative, and predictable movies out there (which is most of them in the theatres, at any given time) could be summed up pretty easily by their trailer alone. The site was called The Trailer Trash, and it was the creation of one of my former roommates, Jay Pinkerton. Jay was also the co-editor of the newspaper I edited in my final year at school.

Jay's brilliant, by the way -- one of the most gifted comedy writers I have ever known. Since then, he's gone on to semi-internet-stardom with his site jaypinkerton.com and is now one of the editors and major contributors for the relaunched Cracked magazine. I've given him kudos before, but what's one more time, for good measure? I'm real proud of him, and Jay, if you ever check in here anymore, congrats on your recent engagement!

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing all of this up is that I found a kind of interesting movie review site today that I thought I'd share with you. It's called "Pajiba - Scathing Reviews for Bitchy People," and although it's not as funny as Jay's old site, it makes up for it in vitriol. Check it out here.

I think that's the most hyperlinks I've ever put into a single post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home