Tuesday, June 17, 2003

...It Tolls For Thee

Things have been pretty quiet around here for the last little while, haven't they? Well, with good reason. As some of you may know, I have been targeted for lay off from my company.

I say "targeted" because it hasn't happened yet. Last Friday, I was told I was going to be laid off yesterday. Yesterday morning, after spending a weekend that could only be described as "emotionally harrowing," I was told that I would be extended for a week and would be let go next Monday. There have been assorted rumours since then that there may be a way for me to stay in the company and not get laid off at all, but at this point, I'm not counting any proverbial chickens before they hatch. Only time and patience will tell.

In the meantime, I wait. I've been busy, plenty of work for me to do, and for once I've had some responsibility beyond keeping my own work in order. Despite the long hours and stress, the last month's worth of work was refreshing in many ways.

And now (potentially), I'm at the beginning of a new adventure. New opportunities and new companies await me over the next horizon. Who knows, maybe I'll make my next lifelong friend. Maybe I'll find the job of my dreams. Maybe I'll get someone to pay me to do what I love doing and I won't ever get out of bed thinking "damn, gotta go to work again." Maybe. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home