Friday, August 01, 2003

A Pause

Part 3 of the vacation story (which now seems like it was a long time ago) is still on the way, stay tuned. This week has been an eventful one, to say the least, with some good news and some bad.

I'd like to take a moment to congratulate my friends Andrea Poole and David Cheung on their recent engagement! As far as I know, theirs will be the FIRST all-Golden Words wedding, where both the bride and groom are former staffers. Dave joined the paper one week later than me back in 1996, and since we were on the same floor of the residence as well, we grew to be close friends. Andrea joined a fair bit later, but it didn't take long for the two of us, a pair of cartoonists with a penchant for violent humour, to become fast friends as well. And the next thing I knew, two of my closest friends at the school were dating. And now look! I couldn't be happier for the two of you. Congratulations! I can't wait for the Matrix-themed wedding, you guys. I've got my trenchcoat all picked out and ready to go.

My girlfriend Stacey has an entry she'd like to make of a personal nature (her first ever on this blog). I've been encouraging her to write it for a few days now and she promises that she'll work on it this weekend. I will post it as soon as it is ready.

In the meantime, it's a party weekend. Go out and enjoy three-straight uninterrupted days of summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home