Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Promising News, British Blood

It looks like what I heard is true. Since my mother was born in the UK, it looks like I CAN apply for British citizenship. This is one of the key things I'm going to need if I ever plan to up-root myself and live and work in Europe for any length of time. It's not going to come cheap (current prices put it at 183 pounds, or close to $442 CAD, PLUS the costs of a passport, should I apply for one), but I think it's one of those things that will be worth it in the long run. It feels weird to be contemplating dual citizenship. I suppose it doesn't make me any less of an ardent Canadian patriot - this decision will open doors for me. It will give me opportunities that my Canadian citizenship alone may not have offered.

Anyway, if you're considering it for yourself, check out this British High Commission web site. It will tell you everything you need to know. Maybe I'll meet you at a pub in London one day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home