Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm on a first-name basis with Torquil Campbell

Wow! What a month for concerts. Starting off with Muse at Capital City (arena rock, right here in the snowy-north!) , followed by moe at Barrymore's, The Pixies in Hull....and now...now, Stars at Zaphod's! What a great show!

So when I noticed that Stars was moving thier own gear after their set tonight, I wondered at the lack of roadies and jumped right in and helped a bit. Had a long discussion with Torquil (singer for Stars) about the comparisons between loading a tour van and Tetris. I complemented Amy Millan on an amzing set and thought about telling her she looked like a younger ex-Deputy PM Sheilla Copps (except with better hair). Thought better of it and decided to save it for another day. But wow, what nice people....so laid back and down to earth, people that I might be friends with under other circumstances.

Can't wait for the next they're in town. We'll see if Torquil and Amy remember me next time I see them.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a crew slut

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've dissapeared again...what's going on with you these days?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Mmmm...Zaphods. Mmmmm...Bambleweenies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home